The origins of the Garofoli winery date from the end of the 19th century, from 1871, when Antonio Garofoli had already began the production and sale of local wines. His son Gioacchino continued and expanded the paternal business. In 1901, he founded the Gioacchino Garofoli winery. His two sons, Franco and Dante, succeeded him in management of the estate after World War II. Gioacchino Garofoli became a company in 1950 and embarked on a process of strong development.